Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Acceptance...





...And Honesty





Death...
I've faced it before...
Lives seemingly ended too soon because of illness or tragedy...
Why would THIS death affect me so deeply?


I struggled with a title for this blog post...

"Learning to pray again"
(Well, I never really stopped praying, just not sure what to pray now.)

"Unanswered prayers"
(He answered, but it wasn't the answer I wanted...)

"Learning to trust again"
(I know God is trustworthy; His thoughts and ways are just so beyond my thinking.
The bigness of God and my inability to understand Him and His ways
have intimidated me somewhat!)

"When your faith is shaken"
(I believed God could heal. Why did He not?)



Grief...
Many of the stages of grief were not strangers to me,
...but anger?
This was a new feeling.
I didn't want to be angry at God,
but I had to admit I was.



Acceptance...
Have I truly accepted this death?
Not really, but I'm working on it.
...Or probably, God is working on me about it!



HOPE!
I think Job summarized this thought the best when he said,
"But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
and He will stand upon the earth at last.
And after my body has decayed,
yet in my body I will see God!
I will see Him for myself.
Yes, I will see Him with my own eyes.
I am overwhelmed at the thought."



Max Lucado, author of the new book on prayer entitled "Before Amen"
 has a short two minute video that has been helping me
in understanding God's answers to prayers.
You can watch that video by clicking HERE.



My other blog can be found on
(Writing the Names of God on Rocks)




No comments: