Thursday, May 21, 2020

Mischievous Max's Mayhem

Well,
It looks like my walking buddy
is going to have to take a break for awhile...



I probably won't be playing chase with him
for awhile when he grabs things and runs
with them, knowing we will run after him.

He probably won't feel like jumping up 
on the outdoor furniture...

...Or running to see who has come to visit!

He may have trouble walking on the rocks 
at one of our favorite spots
down at the Buffalo National River.

Nope!
Our buddy Max has broken a foot
and is probably still in surgery right now.


Thirty-some years ago I broke my right ankle.
It was a really bad break...
I dislocated and broke three bones badly enough
that my foot was twisted 180 degrees backward.
Thanks to a really good orthopaedic surgeon,
(and the healing touch of God)
I was able to walk again!
It did take time, crutches, therapy, etc.


I'm not sure what Max did that caused this.
He loves chasing balls and retrieving them,
but we weren't doing that when it happened.
Probably his own mayhem caused it  :(

Just as we jumped in to rescue Max from damage
he had probably done to himself,
it reminded me of how often God rescues us
from messes we get ourselves into.

I love Psalm 18.
This Psalm is written by King David,
who as you probably know,
got himself in a lot of messes.
Here are a few of my favorite verses from that chapter:

"In my distress I called to the Lord;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears.
The earth trembled and quaked,
and the foundations of the mountains shook;
they trembled because he was angry.
Smoke rose from his nostrils;
consuming fire came from his mouth,
burning coals blazed out of it.
He parted the heavens and came down...
...He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me..."


Maybe Max will be able to jump in the four-wheeler
before long and enjoy a ride!


5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Hope Max recovers quickly.

Esther Joy said...

Me too... It may be hard to follow vet's orders in keeping his foot dry. We've had so much rain, and it's in the forecast again.

Jo Wolf said...

Prayers for a great, even miraculous, recovery for Max🙏🏻 Is there doggie PT?

Esther Joy said...

Doggy physical therapy! Well, there's doggy massage and doggy psychiatrists so there's probably doggy PT's!

Unknown said...

Sure hope Max is healed and riding the 4 wheeler again.