Sunday, January 3, 2021

Prophetic Dream?

 If you are a "YouTuber",
or watch much Christian television,
you probably have been hearing a lot more lately

about "Prophetic Dreams"...

If you are like me,
you may wonder which dreams are from God,
or which may just be what my husband calls

"Pizza Dreams"

caused by something you ate! 😀



Recently I had a dream about this chapel
 that my dad pastored when I was a teenager.
Whether or not it was "PROPHETIC",
I am not sure...
But it did have a lesson for me!

In my dream the pews in the church 
were packed with people.
After the congregation all vacated the building,
 I was left alone with a man
who was chasing me trying to attack me.
Fearfully I ran up and down between pews,
zigzagging, and trying to get to the door to escape.

"If I only had a weapon"

I remember thinking in my dream.

.And then I noticed the hymnbooks 
in the racks on the back of the church benches.
and a plan quickly began to form in my mind.

The "Fight or Flight Syndrome" kicked in!!!

With my heart beating rapidly
and my adrenaline surging, 
I began grabbing hymnals 
and throwing them at my attacker.
He cowered and held his arms
to protect his face as he began to retreat!
He ran out the door and into the parking lot
and I continued to hurl hymnbooks at him.
The roof had lifted off the top of the church building,
and my hymnbook weapons continued to sail 
over the top of the solid rock wall of the church,
hitting their target and chasing him away.

Suddenly reinforcements appeared
as my smiling pastor arrived,
But the fight had already been won,
It was the flying hymnbooks
that sent the enemy scurrying!

****************


Later that morning as I was enjoying
my morning "Coffee with Jesus",
I couldn't get the dream out of my mind,
so I called my younger sis who had also spent many hours
in that chapel in our growing up years.

"Awhhhh", she said.
"Don't you know what that means?"

"It's the sacrifice of praise!"


I had done a post on this almost 10 years ago...
(This was one of my most popular posts,..
You can click on the link above to take you there.)

I needed that reminder as we face the chaos
of the elections and the pandemic.

Prophetic dream or not,
God used that dream 
and the words of my younger sis
 to remind me that it is 
the SACRIFICE OF PRAISE 
that defeat the enemy every time.

"1Make a joyful shout to the Lord[a]all you lands!
2Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
3Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and [b]not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

4Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise. 
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. 

5For the Lord is good; 
His mercy is everlasting, 
And His truth endures to all generations."


Maybe we can't sing together in church at this time, 

but that's no reason not to sing!

May you have JOY in your heart today

as you lift your voice in praise and

SING!  SING!  SING!


5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Singing often drives away the enemy and lifts my heart to praise.

Esther Joy said...

Thanks Ruth. Nice to hear from you!

Linda Bitner McLean said...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; Phil 4:6

Hi Girlfriend, Love ya, Linda Bitner McLean

Esther Joy said...

Oh my! How wonderful to hear from you! Stirred up great memories!

Aritha V. said...

I was reading this psalm too. Thank you so much/