Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Me? Be Holy?

But just as He who called you is holy,
so be holy in all you do;
for it is written:
"Be holy, because I am holy." 


I don't know about you,
but I know that I cannot of myself be holy -
so how can God expect this of me?

It was very difficult for me to watch the movie
"The Passion of the Christ",
but I think it best depicts how I can be holy.
It's not my holiness;
it's the holiness of Christ Jesus imparted to me.



"Yet now He has reconciled you to Himself
through the death of Christ in His physical body.
 As a result, He has brought you into His own presence,

 and you are holy and blameless
 as you stand before him without a single fault." 
Colossians 1:22


Wow!
So, yes, ...God declares me holy!
It's not what I do...
It's what He has done for me!
Amazing!



For this week's Name of God on Rocks,
click HERE!


5 comments:

Aritha V. said...

And that's such an amazing truth! I think we need an eternity to praise His amazing grace! Love this blog ... you helps me with it.

Unknown said...

Dear Esther Joy
For a long time in my walk with Pappa God I walked miles around that verse knowing well how unholy I truly am. I strived endlessly to live a holy life, but with no lasting results. And like always, when I cried out to Pappa in desperation, my eyes were opened to SEE that only as I abide in Him .... TRULY abiding, do I allow HIm to live His holiness in and through me. nice meeting you at Spiritual Sunday.
Bless you XX
Mia

Beth in NC said...

Good morning! I am visiting from Spiritual Sunday. I wept through that movie and could barely watch as Jesus took those stripes for me and suffered for me.

You're correct. There is no way we could ever be holy in our own strength. Can you imagine living during the Old Testament when all of the laws, rules, and regulations were in place? I am so thankful for the blood of Jesus!

Have a blessed Sunday!
Beth

Pamela said...

The movie sure brought to life the truth I knew but didn't fully understand. My heart's cry--to be holy in Christ.

Alicia said...

I'm with you.. could barely watch the Passion of the Christ- embarrassed to say that i hid my head in a pillow through some of the scenes. And He did that for me. Incredible.