Monday, July 13, 2015

Fishing in Wyoming



Recently we took a trip with some friends to northern Wyoming.
We stayed in an area near Buffalo and Sheridan.


This was our comfortable headquarters...





...with a birds eye view of the inside.

One of the things on our agenda was to go fishing in Piney Creek.
A one-day license, a fishing hat, and ...

...a fishing guide were what we needed!

Richard is an experienced fly fisherman,
and had spent many years in this area in the past.
He was happy to be back,
and delighted to be our fishing guide.

My husband decided to stick with a traditional rod and reel...
...And even baited my hook for me...

after I was quite unsuccessful with the fly fishing!


It was a "Catch and Release" area,
and Gary had a lot of good bites without having to take them off the line,
because the fish released themselves with the barbless lures!


I was quite excited to get a big one close to the bank,
but didn't have to release it either, since it released itself.
It was a fun experience!
Many thanks to our expert guide and our hosts!


Jesus was an expert fisherman!
There are many mentions of fishing in the Bible.
One of my favorites is from Luke 5,
Simon said, “Master, we’ve been fishing hard all night 
and haven’t caught even a minnow.
 But if you say so, I’ll let out the nets.”
 It was no sooner said than done—a huge haul of fish,
 straining the nets past capacity. 
They waved to their partners in the other boat to come help them. 
They filled both boats, nearly swamping them with the catch.

Then Jesus said to them:
 “Come with me. I’ll make a new kind of fisherman out of you.
 I’ll show you how to catch men and women
 instead of perch and bass.” 

To my knowledge, all the "bites" that we had were trout.

What kind of fish do you like to catch?


Thanks for your visit!
Check out my other blog by clicking below:



1 comment:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

What a fun trip to go fishing. I used to fish many moons ago and loved it.