Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Power of Baby Babble



Have you ever wondered if babies know what they are saying?

Well, I was wondering about that when I read a most
interesting Scripture verse this morning.
In Matthew 11:25-26 it says God has hidden things
from the wise and learned people,
and has revealed them to little children for His pleasure!

But here is the real clincher - Psalm 8:2 says,
"From the lips of children and infants
You have ordained praise
because of Your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger."

Okay, I get this picture in my mind of babies
speaking a heavenly language.
We think of it as merely "Baby Babble",
and we work at teaching them to speak our language,
stripping the heavenly babble from their little mouths!
In doing so, we think we are doing them a great service,
not realizing that we may be stripping away
some of our own protection from the enemy
that was brought about by their praise!

So, what is the answer?

I think the answer is PRAISE as stated in Psalm 8:2 above.
If we teach our children the language of PRAISE,
they will not lose the power to defeat the enemy!


The song in the video below portrays that thought well.



Click here to see my current Name of God post on Rock4Today.
For other encouraging links, check out


8 comments:

Alice said...

loved this post! I took time for the two YouTube pics, too... it was so worth it! Thanks for sharing the JOY!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I love the sound of babies and children laughing. There's just something so neat about it. And there's something so neat about praising Him too. Great post

Pamela said...

We have so much to praise God for, don't we? David wrote so many praise Psalms -- I'm sure he knew the power of praise.

Blessings,
Pamela

Charlotte said...

What an interesting post. I had not thought about baby babble that much before. I like your idea of teaching them the language of praise at an early age.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Virginia said...

Your message of praise has blessed me.
Thank you for sharing.

Just Be Real said...

Such an adorable video. Great message to accompany the video. Blessings.

Unknown said...

What a fun thought! :) And I'm with you - one of my best blessings in life is teaching my grandkids "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and IN EVERYTHING give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you!" Along with a ton of other encouraging Bible verses and praise music. It's a joy-filled way of leaving a sweet spiritual legacy in their hearts that I pray will reap a bountiful harvest in the days and years and decades to come. Thanks for a great encouragement today (LOVED your comment at Spiritual Sunday too - one of my favorite goals as well :) - in my life and at SandwichINK.com ).

Lisa notes... said...

The language of praise - God understands it from any mouth that will give it, and any heart from which is originates. Thanks for this!