Sunday, January 11, 2015

Icy weather brings on color!





With the onset of colder weather,
the bird population at my feeders begins to swell...
(House FinchHairy Woodpecker, and Chickadee)


Although this guy only lingered for awhile...

I was happy to catch a few shots of him.
(Northern Flicker)

This little Downy Woodpecker is smaller
 than the Hairy Woodpecker pictured above,

Although this doesn't show his red belly,
this guy is named the Red Bellied Woodpecker.

The Tufted Titmouse worked hard to remove
the sunflowers from the shell...

...and then stared at me as if he knew I was taking his picture!

The Cardinal always adds a splash of color
when he shows up at the feeder.


And speaking of a splash of color...
My daughter and I tried out a few new colors.
Don't worry, though...
They are just wigs!!!



I love all the splashes of color that God puts in this world!
And I love all the different names that describe Him!
For a look at some of those names,
check out my Names of God on Rocks blog for today!



Thanks for dropping by!
(To see many web photos of the above birds,
just click on the highlighted name below each photo.)

4 comments:

Joy said...

Lovely creations of God:)

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Beautiful segue tigon of birds in your garden and you both look lovely in those colourful wigs.

Pam Beers. said...

Great pictures. I love different species of birds. I especially your purple wigs. What fun!

Pam Beers. said...

Should say..."I especially love your purple wigs."