Thursday, December 7, 2017

Creamy Cheesy Potato Soup


"Jesus Soup"

I call this recipe my "Jesus Soup",
because it seems to be well tolerated
by people that have had colds or flu,
and are ready to add food
back into their diet.

Another reason I call it "Jesus Soup"is
 because, like Jesus,
for me, it's one of those
"NEVER FAIL"
recipes!

It's a great recipe for cold winter days,
...and today is one of those days!



Start out with potatoes,
depending how large a batch you wish to make.
I usually use 6 -8 medium sized "spuds".

I cut mine up into quite small pieces
so that they'll get kind of mushy after cooking.

Along with the potatoes,
I add a couple of stalks of celery cut into small pieces,
a finely chopped medium size onion,
and 6-8 medium size carrots cut in small pieces.
I cover that generously with water,
add several cubes of chicken bouillon,
and boil the vegetables on medium heat until tender.

When the vegetables are fully cooked,
I add a couple of cans of Cream of Chicken Soup,
and stir until well blended.
The consistency of the soup will depend a lot
 on how well-done you've cooked the veggies.
I add Chicken Broth to bring it to the desired consistency.
I usually also add 6 or 8 ounces or so of creamy cheese,
(like Velveeta), turn down the heat,
and stir till it's all melted.

And there you have it!
Ready to eat!


It's great served with cheese and crackers
...or even better with hot grilled cheese sandwiches!

(In case you wondered about adding salt,
there's quite a lot of sodium in the bouillon,
the creamy chicken soup,
and the cheese,
so, for me it's quite unnecessary to add more.)

I must give credit to my "First-Born" daughter,
who introduced me to this recipe.
Thank you, Crystal!


If you have time,
come on over and check out my latest post on Rock4Today,
featuring the Names of God Painted on Rocks!

1 comment:

NCSue said...

Looks yummy!
Thanks so much for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/12/the-explorer.html