Saturday, February 24, 2018

Jeep trail ride before the spring rains hit!


My husband and I are "Jeep people"!
He had been without one too long,
and we were missing our Jeep adventures.
For months he looked at many, many vehicles,
whether it was on-line, car lots,
or making a fast turn around as he spotted a 
"FOR SALE" sign beside the highway.

Finally he found one that seemed to meet his expectations,
and just in time to be dubbed a Valentine's present!  LOL!

So, before the spring rains came and the Buffalo River
got to high to cross, we went on one of our favorite Jeep trails.

Local people will probably recognize this trail
that leads up to what is called,
"The Nars" by old timers,
or by its proper name -  "The Narrows."
(Click HERE or on above highlighted links to see some web photos)


Old trees...

An old barn...
all on Buffalo National River Park property.
(Click on the link above to see a great place to vacation!)
Buffalo River offers nature lovers so many beautiful places to see,
things to do, trails to hike, waters to canoe or kayak etc.

Then we came to Richland Creek.
My husband's family used to pick cotton in the
fields that lined this creek.

We couldn't tell the depth of the creek,
and decided not to take the Jeep across!
I imagine that creek is really roaring today,
because we have received several inches of rain.
I don't imagine you can spot the elk,
because I didn't have my Canon with me
and only had my smart phone to take the photos.
BUT there are three elk lying in the grass...
I was okay with there being a bit of distance
even if I couldn't get a good photo!

All this landscape will be changing drastically in the next weeks
as buds burst forth with fresh greenery.
I'm so thankful for the heavy rains we have had in the last couple of days,
even if it means we can't cross the river for awhile!

Speaking of "crossing the river",
my heart was saddened by the passing of
I have referred to him and his ministry several times on this blog.
No one made the way of knowing God any plainer.
Did you know that prisoners built the simple wooden coffin
in which he is to be buried?
(Click HERE if you're curious how that came to be.)


Well, I think that's about it for this time.
My latest post on Names of God on Rocks
can be found by clicking HERE.
This week I featured "The Rock of Israel".

Thanks for your visit!
For more Arkansas adventures,
check out my friend Tricia's blog -



2 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks like you had a fun ride.My son used to have a jeep and went on several adventures.

Esther Joy said...

Jeep Adventures are one of my favorite things to do!