Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Magnificent Colors of Yellowstone National Park



The photos featured today were taken in the
"Paint Pot" portion of Yellowstone National Park.



Don't let the beautiful blue of this pool fool you into wanting to
enjoy a steamy hot springs bath!
The Yellowstone guide told a sad story of an owner
who not only lost his dog,
but lost his own life trying to save the dog.
The temperatures of these pools are scalding hot!



This must be where Yellowstone gets its name!
Aren't the colors magnificent?!!!



I found it interesting that the colors were caused by a bacteria.



In the next few weeks I'll be featuring the flowers of Yellowstone,
the waterfalls, the animals,
...and, of course, the geysers!
I hope you'll enjoy the posts!

To see the magnificent Hebrew Name for God featured on Rock4Today,
click HERE!

5 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Thats very special! Love what you write about the hot water.

SarahBeth said...

Your photos are beautiful -- I would definitely not be standing too close to that hot, hot pool!

Rose Clearfield said...

Gorgeous! I would love to get out there sometime. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Gattina said...

Yellowstone park is just wonderful ! I have been there in 1971 (lol) !

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful! I was there many years ago so will enjoy photos of your adventure all the more. :)