Thursday, July 17, 2014

Little town of Everton



Last weekend as Gary and I were heading home from my high school reunion,
we took a slight diversion from our route to peak into an old town.

This old hotel with a "No Vacancy" sign
was one of the first buildings to catch our eyes.

It had some very interesting features,
...like this old washing machine on the wrap-around porch.

When taking a picture of the side-view of the old hotel,
something else caught my attention...

...I had to take a closer look...
Yes, it really was a parking meter!
But I don't think it's used any more...

Just down the street was the "Old Everton Bank".

Beside the bank was a building called
"The Little Store".

It had a little home-made sign advertising
another home-made Southern staple!

My husband decided to see if
"The Little Store"
was actually open as the brightly colored flag stated.

Since it was a hot late July afternoon,
we opted for a vanilla ice cream cone
instead of their famous biscuits and gravy!

What a neat little side-trip!


Thanks for coming along on the tour!

For another type of tour,
why not take a trip through the rocks in my rock garden?
You'll find them HERE!

5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is fascinating.

Jo Wolf said...

Ditto Ruth! Pics are fun to see :-)

Lisa notes... said...

Now that's a side trip that my husband would LOVE to take. He's all about stopping at unique little places off the beaten path. I don't naturally do that--give me the interstate so I can get there efficiently!--but I miss things doing it my way. His way is more exciting, I must admit. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Neat town! I would have opted for the ice cream too. :)

Tea said...

That ice cream cone looks mighty good. Enjoyed the photos too.