Sunday, February 3, 2019

"Joy4Today" has been on sabbatical!

Yes...
I've been taking a break 
from blogging,
and guess it's time 
I got back into it!




In case you wonder what I've been doing,
the photos below depict some of it!


I had a total knee revision in November 2019,
which slowed me down for awhile.
Riding a 4 wheeler was one thing I could do
that brought me great enjoyment.



Instead of just photographing my feathered friends...

...I started painting them!
The bluebird above was one of my first attempts.




The cardinal is one of my latest paintings,
and now has found a new home with 
one of my good friends.
I guess you can tell it was painted on a rock.
I


The chickadees went to my youngest daughter.


The hairy woodpeckers were a birthday gift to
a friend.


The red headed woodpecker will be going
to a friend who has had these birds for regular visitors
in her back yard. 


I've enjoyed the pileated woodpeckers that have been
quite regular visitors at my suet feeder,
so tried painting them on floor tiles.
They seem to be favorites.
I've done 5 of them so far!







I've even done some work on wood,
 accenting it with wood burning.
It's been a great way to pass the time while recuperating!


My "Joy in the Mourning" book is still available by ebook
from Friesen Press or Amazon if you'd like to
read my journey from grief to joy after losing
three siblings in an auto accident that happened
in front of me on the way to my father's funeral.


Thank you for honoring me with your visit!
My other blog -  Rock4Today
should be posting some new painted rocks
with Names of God on Rocks sometime soon!

Sincerely,
Esther Joy

(Previous post on 2/3/19 removed,
and replaced with this post on 6/6/19)


4 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I don't think that you need to worry. Google+ is closing but that has nothing to do with blogger or the regular Google account.Not as far as I have understood..I would love to keep on seeing your posts.

Esther Joy said...

Thank you, Ruth. Maybe I misunderstood the email they sent me...

allenanddebby.blogspot.com said...

Oh, I hope not!!

Esther Joy said...

Debby, you have brought my "stats" up by linking with me. Thank you for your support and encouragement on this journey!