Friday, October 18, 2019

Meet Max!





About two months ago I had my yearly check up with my family doctor...
He informed me that my latest bone density test showed
that I had osteopenia,
and the part of my body showing the lowest bone density
was my forearms.
He prescribed more exercise, 
and recommended weights and walking.

My daughter Crystal is an Occupational Therapist.
"You need a dog," she said.
"It will give you and Daddy companionship
as well as exercise."

My husband had taken a strong liking to 
Crystal's large sized Labradoodle named Buddy,
but we decided we needed a smaller size.

MEET MAX!


Our grandson seemed quite delighted
with the new addition to the family!

Max is supposed to be a mid-sized Labradoodle,
but if he grows as big as his paws indicate,
he may be a little larger than we anticipated!


So, here we go...
I'm not sure if he'll be teaching me,
or I'll be training him...
but we'll see what new adventures lie ahead!

Already I am learning that I am not very patient.
"For ye have need of patience,
that, after ye have done the will of God,
ye might receive the promise."


(By the way, we've only had Max for 11 days,
and I can already tell a difference
in the strength of my forearms
due to his stubbornness on the leash!)




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you use a slip chain collar? Do you know how to put one on? There are a right and wrong way. He must not be permitted to be "stubborn on the leash". Do you have experience in teaching a dog to"heel"?

Ruth Hiebert said...

He looks good. Enjoy this new life with Max.

Esther Joy said...

No, I did not know about slip chain collars, but after you mentioned that, I looked it up. I think that's probably what I need to get. My daughter has a friend that is a dog trainer, and we may have to have her help in teaching how to heel. Thank you for your input.

Esther Joy said...

Thank you Ruth. Nice to hear from you again! I hear the weather is really bad up in Manitoba right now. If you are still there, take care!