Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The IRS, ...and God

Last year about this time I was fretting about our business being audited by the IRS.  It wasn't that I felt we were doing anything wrong, but I worried that in ignorance we could have goofed on something.

The audit dragged on and on for months.  The longer it lasted, the more worried I became.  This is a poem I wrote while in the midst of the audit.



"Oh, God," I said,
"I need Your strength."
He answered,
"As your days,
so shall be your strength."

"Oh, God," I cried,
"I need Your joy."
"It is Yours," He said,  "new every morning...
The joy of the LORD,
It is your strength!"

"Oh, God," I cried again,
"I need Your wisdom;
I don't know what to do."
"Fear Me," He said.
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom."

"Oh, God," I sighed.
"I need your peace."
"It, too, is yours," He said.
"Yours for the taking,
My peace I have given to You."

"Where are you, God?
Why can't I feel you?"
"I'm here," He said.
"Nearer than your hands or feet.
My presence is always with you.
I will never leave you or forsake you."

So, now you're probably wondering how the audit turned out.  Well, first God had to get me to trust Him and rest in Him.  Then, ...finally, we heard from the IRS, and thanks to God and a good accountant, we came out okay!


Thanks for visiting my blog!  If you'd like, take a look at my other blog at http://www.namesofgodonrocks.blogspot.com/

(Linked to Spiritual Sundays http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/)

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

I like how you said that, "thanks to God and a good accountant!"

I'm glad everything worked out.

Shirley said...

Beautiful poem! And so true, God is faithful and he takes care of us.
Great post!

Michelle said...

This is the second post about the IRS that I have read this week. I love your poem. It really spoke to me and reminded me of where God is amidst our trials.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

fun word play.
bless your day.

no spring chicken said...

The poems that spill from our hearts in time of joy...and terror, are memorial stones. When we come across them again, they remind us of where God has taken us.

A beautiful poem, and I'm glad the audit turned out alright!

Blessings, Debbie

Leovi said...

nice poem

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

I did a lots of God calling like yours when I went through bankruptcy also..That was all I could do..calling, and praying..