Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"And the LORD sent an Angel..."



"King Hezekiah and the prophet Isaiah son of Amoz
CRIED OUT IN PRAYER
to heaven about this.
AND THE LORD SENT AN ANGEL..."


This morning as I was reading from my
"One Year Bible"
I was reminded of a time when I cried out  
to the LORD for His help,
and I was sure He had sent an angel.

It was on an excursion to one of my favorite places
 -- Buffalo National River.
My husband is not one to back down from a challenge,
...and sometimes I wish he would!

(The picture above was taken not far from where
these events took place. 
I was too busy crying out to God for help
that the thought of taking a picture at the time of crisis
never entered my mind!)

We had crossed the river many times with his Jeep,
but this time we were in his 4wheel drive truck.
The truck started losing traction,
and we felt the current begin to sweep us downstream.

Like King Hezekiah and Isaiah,
I cried out to the LORD for help.
All I could think to pray was,
"LORD, send an angel quick!"
AND HE DID!

We felt the truck straighten up,
 begin to gain traction again,
and we arrived safely on the other side of the river.
It was as if a giant hand had us in its grip.

Hebrews 1:14 says,
"Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation? "

Do YOU have an "angel story" to share?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Esther Joy - I love stories like this. God is so good - all the time! One time, my husband had a factory with highly flammable stuff inside on a farm and there was a fire - it burnt up to and around his factory and just passed. I believe that was the work of God's angels.
God bless
Tracy