Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Echinacea... and Expectations

Are you wondering what on earth echinacea has to do with expectations?!!!
    Well, actually not too much, except that this year
 my echinacea plant is blooming far beyond my expectations!

Purple Cone Flower or Echinacea

Actually, I have a confession to make about expectations.
I have a very difficult time defining the fine line between
lowering my expectations so I won't be disappointed,
and raising my expectations so that I might encourage
someone to be (or do) their very best.

No matter which of these I do,
people will often disappoint me,
and not live up to my expectations.

There is only ONE who can meet all my expectations,
and that is God!

"When You came down long ago,
You did awesome deeds
beyond our highest expectations...
For since the world began,
 no ear has heard and no eye has seen a God like You,
who works for those who wait for Him!"
Isaiah 64:3-4


For this week's Name of God on Rocks, click HERE!



11 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Yes, our Lord remains the same. People can fail, people can leave us but He will always be our Friend and Savior

lissa said...

"expect the worst and hope for the best" -- isn't that what most people said? but I like to have no exceptations but still kind of hope for the best.

have a sweet day.

Splendid Little Stars said...

so very true!
I have echinacea growing in my yard, too. I started the plants from seed many years back. They are so pretty!

anitamombanita said...

You are very blessed to know this. Wish more people did too!!

Catherine said...

What a lovely and encouraging post. You are so right.

Leovi said...

Wonderful photo with great color in this beautiful flower, I like. Greetings and good weekend.

Ames said...

You are human. Many can't seem to just experience the moment, but rather have to control it. Let go and let God!~Ames

Cathy Kennedy said...

The Lord never disappoints for sure. I've always told my kiddoes that man will always disapoint, but God never does. What a lovely reminder!

KDL said...

He exceeds our expectations, I think. No eye has seen or ear heard what He has prepared for us...I struggle with the same thing, btw, especially as a mom.

The Poet said...

Hello.
What a beautiful flower and it's purplish/pinkish hues...among my favorite colors. Thanks for sharing.

Emotions Of Poetry

Jenny said...

'I have a very difficult time defining the fine line between
lowering my expectations so I won't be disappointed,
and raising my expectations so that I might encourage
someone to be (or do) their very best.'

Gosh.

This felt like my own hearts puzzle.

This was really an excellent post. You have me a lot to think about.

Thank you.

A+