Monday, September 10, 2012

A Quiet Place...

 
 
 
When life gets hectic and I'm feeling stressed,
I need a quiet place.
A walk to our neighborhood duck pond
often helps easy my anxiety.
This morning was no exception.
The weekend had been too full.
On returning from a brisk walk with my neighbor,
this is the sight that greeted our eyes.
 
I ran back home to get my camera.
 
 
Because of their presence blending in with the fog,
I almost missed seeing the swans getting their breakfast.
 
 
 
Watching them dunk their heads and seeing them come up
with water dripping out of their mouths was quieting and soothing to my soul.
(Click on picture to enlarge for a closer view.)
 
I am blessed to have a place like this so near.
But where can I go when I am not near this place?
To find my answer, click HERE!


10 comments:

Judie said...

What lovely and serene photos. Definitely soothing to the soul!!

lissa said...

I would have like to be there to see that, quite soothing

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I wrote about my quiet place also! We must both be in need of a little quiet in our lives...

Susan Anderson said...

The reflection in the water is especially lovely...and the mist is ethereal.

=)

Leovi said...

Very nice, I love with this kind landscapes with fog.

Aritha V. said...

Wow, you are blessed with such place so near. I like the last picture.

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Yes, yes, that's beautiful sight to see and be quiet! I so need to separate myself away from the reality of life right now!

Cheryl D. said...

I love the swan picture!

EG CameraGirl said...

Glad you ran back to get your camera!

Jenny said...

What a quite perfect capture!

I am always entranced by fog. It just feels so soft and mystical!

This was a lovely link for the letter "Q".

Thank you for sharing it!

A+