Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ice storm comparisons!



In 2009 we had the "mother of all ice storms"!

Many people were trapped in their neighborhoods
until crews removed fallen limbs and trees.


Our house is hidden behind this tree
which split into three parts.


Driving was hazardous,
electricity was off for days,
...and many generators were sold!
Sooooo,
it was with apprehension we waited on the arrival of this storm
as the weather channel warned us of its coming last week.

Looking out my window the next morning,
I could see the tree in front of our house
was still standing.
(This is the one spoken of in an earlier post,
and shown above.)

Although ice was quite thick on our cars, 
...it hung gracefully on the trees,
...creating the look of a fairy land!


I love these verses from Job that show the greatness of our God,
especially verse 38 that says:
"From whose womb comes the ice? 
Who gives birth to the frost from the heavens?"

Have you ever thought about God having
storehouses of rain, ice and snow?
 Verse 22  talks about that!

At any rate,
I'm thankful God didn't give us such a big load of ice this time!


Click HERE to see my Name of God for this week!
Thanks for your visit!




4 comments:

Stewart M said...

Great set of pictures - more ice than I have seen in my 20 years in Australia.

Glad you liked my wordy blog - feel free to keep visiting! There is a new wordy post about every two weeks!

Cheers

Stewart M - Melbourne

Leovi said...

Impressive ... I love those pictures with everyone covered in ice, very nice!

Anonymous said...

Ice storms are so dangerous, yet they give fantastic opportunity for great photos.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, these are awesome photos. Your icy world looks beautiful. I love the show looking thru the window, the sunlight is gorgeous. Wishing you a happy weekend!