Thursday, January 9, 2014

Shut In with God



"Then the LORD shut him in"



In obedience, Noah built an ark.
Can you believe, it took him 120 years to build it?
Obviously they lived a lot longer back then!

But the part that stood out to me was that when the LORD shut him in,
he was stuck in that ark with all those animals for over a year!

Sometimes God shuts us in - like today, with snow and ice.
Other times, it's with a broken bone, a tragedy, an illness or a bad diagnosis.

How do I handle those times of being "shut in"?

I hope that I will use them to bring me closer to God like Jeremiah, who says:
"I will never forget this awful time,
as I grieve over my loss.
Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:
The faithful love of the LORD never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is His faithfulness;
His mercies begin afresh each morning...
I will hope in Him!
The LORD is good to those who depend on Him,
to those who search for Him...
For no one is abandoned by the LORD forever.
Though He brings grief,
He also shows compassion
because of the greatness of His unfailing love."

If you, like me, are "shut in" today, no matter what the cause,
may you "find rest for your soul"!


A posting on "The One" will be up soon on Rock4Today!

3 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Thank you very much for this special post. In Dutch you words are so beautiful.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Hi Esther. Beautiful post and I am sure you will spend your time wisely when you are shut in. lovely snow shot.

Alice said...

That is real snow falling and not just a camera effect, isn't it? I love this post because we are in it now :). Love you sis, Alice