Thursday, February 23, 2017

When "Feistyness" pays off!



There's been a lot of activity at my bird feeders lately.

Even the bluebirds, who NEVER have visited my feeders before,
seem to be curious about all the "hullabaloo"!
It's this guy that has caused all the turmoil...

...and made most of the other birds take flight.

Yeah... This guy...
Know formerly as "The Elusive Yellow Bellied Sapsucker",
about which I wrote a post about a few years ago.
(Click on the link above if you wish to see that post.)


I guess he decided that being shy didn't pay off.
If he wanted to enjoy the food,
he would have to take action.
And taking action, HE IS!

This morning I read about a lady who did that very thing.
She was being treated unfairly by someone.
SHE TOOK ACTION!
She took her case to the judge, but he refused to help her.
She wouldn't give up...

It sounds to me like she was quite a FEISTY and persistent lady!
Although you may think of the word FEISTY in a negative manner, 
Vocabulary.com states that:
 "It may also describe a courageous or spirited person,
especially one who is smaller or an underdog."

The lady in the story above won her case.
She kept pestering the judge until he listened and took action.
The story comes straight out of the Bible,
from Luke 18:1-8.
It says "that Jesus used this story to teach his followers
that they should
"always pray and never lose HOPE".
He said that "God will always give what is right to His people
who cry to Him night and day,
and He will not be slow to answer them."

Well, I don't want to encourage any bullying here,
but I do think there are times in life we all need to be
a little more like the Yellow Bellied Sapsucker,
and become a little FEISTY
instead of doing nothing about a situation.
My little sis gave me a wall hanging many years ago that said,
"PRAY TO GOD,
 BUT ROW TOWARDS SHORE".
Grab your paddles, and let's go!!!






4 comments:

Phil Slade said...

I'm all for feisty. We need to stand up for what we believe in despite the so called "progressives". Nics Bluebird and sapsucker there on your feeder.

Jo Wolf said...

Great thought for the day Esther! Jesus liked to talk about the birds of the field. They are so beautiful and full of personality. Some DO get our attention!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Excellent post. I love seeing the birds and then to read how you put it all together with the story from the Bible.I may never look at some of the feisty birds the same way again.Thanks.

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

A lovely looking bird - and a bully with it! Ha. Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.